Thursday, July 11, 2019

Book Review of The World's Worst Teachers

Hello people, have you heard of David Walliams' new book The World's Worst Teachers? I am so lucky to get my own copy after it was just released in New Zealand.



I simply couldn't wait to make a start on the three hundred and eight paged book. I recommend getting your own copy as soon as possible.

It is truly majestical... I know I know it's not a real word but I heard it in the movie Hunt For The Wilderpeople so I'll use it thank you very much.

Back to the book, it tops off David's collection of fifteen novels and sends it flying to sixteen. It also stands next to the trilogy The World's Worst Children in a tied first.

It is a wonderful portrayal of some of the worst teachers in the world through the eyes of children. I'm sure most of us can relate to having a teacher that was difficult to deal with.(Except me... all my teachers were wonderful).

My favourite teacher in the book would have to be Miss Conceit, the human work of art because of the way the children deal with that paticular horror of a teacher.

Miss Conceit dresses in David's words like a Liquorice Allsort, she also is the most vain person on the face of this universe. Saying that Miss Conceit happens to be the worst person for her job. In saying that I love her character because she displays a lot of spirit and doesn't care what others think of how she looks or acts - an important message we can all strive to live for... not caring what others think of what we look like. 

I give it a ten out of ten for both storyline and illustrations. If you haven't got a copy I recommend you to go as soon as you have finished reading this post and get one for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds a great read. Being a teacher myself I must give it a read. I have worked with a few dodgy ones in my time, present company excluded. I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book now. I'm sure some of my teachers would have made this book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read. I will have a look if I can find it in our book stores in South Africa! Thanks for the interesting book review.

    ReplyDelete